Episode 448 - Peter Thompson
We’re gearing-up for the 2018 European Athletics Championships, Dewi Griffiths’ comeback continues, there’s a tech solution to athletes overheating, and bears stop play in a Canadian trail marathon. Martin speaks to Marco Gazzelloni about the brilliant short film, I Run On, and also to the amazing Peter Thompson following his incredible run along the entire Tour de France route. Plus, Tom’s back from Japan.
- Martin's got a sore heel
- Tom's got two sore heels
Toby and Helen met Ben...
And Ian finished Comrades, in style...
- Martin spoke to Marco Gazzelloni about the incredible short film, I Run On. Watch it here.
- Thanks so much to all our listeners who've supported the show by becoming a Patron
- Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo Marathon Talk kit all around the world
- If you've got a photo of yourself in your Marathon Talk kit then please email it to [email protected] so we can share on the show.
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album
- Check out our new runr leisure t-shirts
- A forgetful Facebook Friday
- Rate Your Run
- Check out The European Championships, and the European Athletics Championships. Confused? We are.
- Charlotte Arter out with injury
- Grizzly bears in Canadian marathon
- Dewi Griffiths' comeback continues
- Are we on the road toward too much tech?
- Will Liz's Commonwealth bronze be upgraded to silver?
- Listener Podium
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following:
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
Interview - Peter Thompson
- Martin will be hoping his heel gets better
- Tom will be hoping his heels get better