Episode 438 - Zach Bitter
A brand-new London Relay world record attempt is go. It’s your last chance to come to Kenya, we laugh at your wife being your inner voice, Farah wins in London and looks toward Doha, a 17-year-old from Norway runs a 3:52 mile, and we say hooray to the RAF. Tony’s here with some Trials, Training Talk gives you three belting sessions to smash a 5k PB, you Rate Your Run, show off your Kit Around the World, and stand on the Podium. Plus, Tom speaks to the incredible ultra runner Zach Bitter.
- Martin's been 17:55 parkrunning and running out of grit!
- Tom's been comeback PBing and loving his Dad's spontaneous marathon
- Check out londonrelay.co.uk
- Fancy going to Kenya with Martin and Five Talents? Enter the competition, here.
- Thanks so much to all our listeners who've supported the show by becoming a Patron.
- Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo Marathon Talk kit all around the world.
- If you've got a photo of yourself in your Marathon Talk kit then please email it to email@example.com so we can share on the show.
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album.
- Rate Your Run
- Farah and Twell win the London 10,000
- Jakob Ingebrigtsen runs 3:52 for the mile
- Laura Muira targets British mile record
- Mo might run Doha
- Congrats to the RAF for smashing world 100 x 10km record!
- Listener Podium
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following:
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
Training Talk - Three Super Smashing 5k Sessions
- Four-mile Royal Flush progression run starting 30-seconds slower than target 5k pace.
- 4 x 1 minute / 6 minutes @ 5k pace / 4 x 1 minute
- 3 x (400m fast / 200m jog / 800m fast / 400m jog)
Interview - Zach Bitter
- Martin will be damping in Cornwall
- Tom will be being battered by his kids