Episode 437 - Rob Pope
News from the NOT10KMPBS, the Great Manchester 10k, Rupp's running Chicago, Training Talk challenges your weaknesses, Martin interviews Rob ‘Forest Gump’ Hope (who just ran almost five times back and forth across the USA), and Facebook Friday asked for your running-related lucky charms.
- Martin's been commentating at the NOT10KMPBS
- Tom's been smashing out 400m reps around Regent's Park
- Check out Pete Woodward's amazing challenge
- Enter Five Talent's competition to win a trip to Kenya
- Fancy going to Kenya with Martin and Five Talents? Enter the competition, here.
- Thanks so much to all our listeners who've supported the show by becoming a Patron.
- Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo Marathon Talk kit all around the world.
- If you've got a photo of yourself in your Marathon Talk kit then please email it to email@example.com so we can share on the show.
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album.
- Rate Your Run
- Night of the 10,000m PBs
- Great Manchester 10k
- Galen Rupp to run Chicago
- Listener Podium
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following:
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
Training Talk - Strengthening Your Weaknesses
- Reflect on success
- Write down reasons
- Rationalise the worst case
- Practice suffering
- Understand your motivations
- Develop coping strategies
- Short hard reps
- 5k / 10k Endurance
- Spend time out of breath
- Mindful running
- Muscular Endurance
- Long easy runs
- Hills / Cycling
Interview - Rob Pope
- Martin will be goofing around in his white budgie smugglers
- Tom will be putting it all on the line at parkrun