Episode 436 - Steve Way
We offer the chance to win a trip to Kenya with Five Talents, you can sign yourself up for Running Down Dementia, and it’s the Night of the 10,000m PBs this Saturday. Peter Thompson is running Le Tour, there’s a new 800m world record by a Brit, we speak to Steve Way about his upcoming Comrades, the 2019 world championships marathon will be at midnight, Tom Evans grabs bronze at the world trail running champs, and you could run the Strava mile.
- Tom's been shopping to the max.
- Martin's been getting excited about hanging in a hut.
- Interested in Martin's post-doctoral research position? Find out more.
- Fancy going to Kenya with Martin and Five Talents? Enter the competition, here.
- Sign-up for Running Down Dementia.
- Thanks so much to all our listeners who've supported the show by becoming a Patron.
- Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo Marathon Talk kit all around the world.
- If you've got a photo of yourself in your Marathon Talk kit then please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can share on the show.
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album.
- Listen to the breathtakingly-good I Run On, by Molly Case.
- Rate Your Run
- Click here to enter the competition to win an invitation to the Strava Invitational Mile at the Night of the 10,000m PBs.
- Peter Thompson is running Le Tour, yes that's right... he's running Le Tour.
- Max Burgin breaks the World under-17 800m record
- Sub-4 in memory of Roger Bannister
- Listener Podium
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following:
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
Interview - Steve Way
- Martin will be at the Night of the 10,000m PBs
- Tom will be at the Royal College of GPs