Episode 434 - Louise Ayling
On this week’s show we remember legendary runner and coach Bruce Tulloh. We catch up with Nancy Freeman about the North Pole Marathon, there’s a world exclusive of Molly Case’s wonderful poem 'I run on', you could win a chance to run at the Night of the 10,000m PBs in the Strava Mile, there are no British men in the European champs marathon, the London Marathon ballot is open, testosterone is in the headlines, and we speak to parkrunner Louise Ayling.
- Nursing a tight calf
- Debut junior parkrun for the boys.
- Smashing himself to pieces at Hull parkrun
RIP Bruce Tulloh | Athletics Weekly
Thanks Like The Wind Magazine and Simon Freeman for the picture.
Listen to Bruce again Marathon Talk EP 103
Tom caught-up with Nancy Freeman, who we interviewed in Episode 429 shortly before she took part in the North Pole Marathon.
Skid Row Marathon is coming to cinemas across UK & Ireland on May 9th - One day only!
Tickets available at www.skidrowmarathontickets.co.uk to find your closest cinema
We hope you enjoy the exclusive play of the poem is taken from the short film "I Run On" by Get Shorty which features in the cinema release of Skid Row Marathon. It's written and performed by Molly Case.
Running Down Dementia is an award-winning challenge from Alzheimer's Research UK and parkrun. It's back for its third year, and we're challenging you to run 100km before 31 August and raise £100 for cutting-edge dementia research.
Get yourself signed up and make a difference!
- Thanks so much to all our listeners who've supported the show by becoming a Patron
- Find out how you can get involved, via this link to our Patreon page
- Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo Marathon Talk kit all around the world
- If you've got a photo in your kit then please email it to [email protected] so we can share on the show
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album
- Rate Your Run
Thanks Steve O’Sullivan for the picture.
Win some socks and get to run the Strava Mile at the Night of the 10,000m PBs. Saturday May 19th. Parliament Hill track. 6pm.
Join the Strava ‘Night of the 10KPBs’ challenge and try and set your own 10k PB at any time or place in the 2 weeks before the Night of the 10K PBs. Show your completed finish badge on the night and claim your socks. Keep an eye on your Strava challenge gallery to join the challenge! (you don't have to run a PB just crack out a 10k!).
Your chance to race the Strava Mile at Not10kPBs!
The Strava Mile is a new event in this year’s schedule: a chance for selected competition winners, members of the press, and well known figures in the running world to stretch their legs for a timed mile with a twist. Experience thousands of fans cheering you with one question to answer: can you stay away and complete the mile without getting caught?
Strava are offering 2 places to run in Strava Mile Invitational to Marathon Talk listeners. Do not worry about running ability - we expect most runners to complete the mile in 5:30 to 7:00 minute territory.
Are you up for it? Fill this form out to enter!
- London Marathon Ballot | Enter it.
- IAAF testosterone levels rules introduced. | Telegraph
- Ross Tuckers 4 minute mull.
- No British men for the European championships marathon
The Listener Podium
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following:
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
Interview - Louise Ayling
Martin will be;
- Taking the kids away camping - solo! Might be tricky!
Tom will be;
- Off to Matlock.