Episode 433 - The London Marathon
News from an amazing London Marathon, Eliud and Mary win the World Marathon Majors Series XI, Yuki’s back at it already, and Callum Hawkins suggests some rule changes. We speak to Judge Craig Mitchell and Lily Partridge and Ben Pochee. Training Talk reflects on your marathon and considers what’s next.
- Martin's been legging it round the expo
- Tom's been hanging out on the sidelines with his mate
- Vote for us at The British Podcasting Awards
We spoke to Judge Craig Mitchell
- Still time to book your tickets for the Skid Row Marathon
Running Down Dementia
- Running Down Dementia is an award-winning challenge from Alzheimer's Research UK and parkrun. It's back for its third year, and we're challenging you to run 100km before 31 August and raise £100 for cutting-edge dementia research. Find out more, here.
Martin spoke to Ben Pochee about the Night of the 10,000m PBs
- Thanks so much to all our listeners who've supported the show by becoming a Patron
- Find out how you can get involved, via this link to our Patreon page
- Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo Marathon Talk kit all around the world
- If you've got a photo in your kit then please email it to [email protected] so we can share on the show
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album
- Rate Your Run
- London Marathon
- Callum Hawkins suggests some rule changes
- The Listener Podium
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following:
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
Training Talk - Reflecting and Looking Forward
- Get things in context highlight the positives.
- Be honest about what didn't quite go to plan
- Was the outcome what you wanted? Was it worth it?
- What next? And, importantly, why?
- What's the plan? Time to commit.
- Martin will be calf watching
- Tom will be running as hard as his little legs will carry him