Episode 432 - Barry Carpenter
We don’t think we’ll see a weekend of marathon drama like that again for some time... it was the Commonwealth Games marathon, and what an epic!We look forward to the Virgin Money London Marathon this weekend. Training Talk looks at staying cool in the marathon heat, we’re joined by Kenneth Foreman from ARUK, we remember the life of multiple Paralympic champion Bob Matthews. Plus we’re joined by Barry Carpenter who shares his incredible journey from living on the streets of London to running this year’s London Marathon, and Tony’s here with some Brighton Trials!
- Martin's been comeback PBing in Poole and staying up late with Liz
- Tom's been hanging with Helen and the kids
- Download the full interview with Bob Matthews here.
- Vote for us at the British Podcasting Awards
- Visit the Runderwear stand at the London Marathon Expo and say the secret password, "I listen to Marathon Talk".
- Find out more about The Skid Row Marathon screenings
- Interested in our 2018 Austria camp? Email us via [email protected]
- Thanks so much to all our listeners who've supported the show by becoming a Patron
- Find out how you can get involved, via this link to our Patreon page
- Rate Your Run
- Commonwealth Games Marathons
- Boston Marathon
- 13-year-old runs 15:47 for 5k
- New Good For Age standards for London
- Check out Alzheimer Research UK's Running Down Dementia campaign
- The Listener Podium
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following:
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
Training Talk with Soar Running
This week’s Training Talk is sponsored by Soar Running. Soar is a London-based company born out of a desire for beautiful performance running wear. Their mission is simple – to seek unparalleled performance through the use of cutting-edge fabrics and innovative design, and to cherish the beauty of running in everything they do.
Find out more at www.soarrunning.com and get 20% off all shorts, t-shirts, vests and capris using code Maratalkspring20.
Interview - Barry Carpenter
- Martin will be living it up all week at the London Marathon expo
- Tom will be definitely not drinking too much tequila