Episode 431 - Helen Croydon
The Manchester Marathon results are in, Steve Way wins again, Laura Muir u-turns on her coaching setup, Melissa Courtney bags a fantastic bronze on the Gold Coast, there’s a shocking full foster in Hannover, and it’s the Boston Marathon on Monday. Soar Running sponsor Training Talk with Josie Perry and Mostyn Cottage sponsor Rate Your Run.
- Martin's been 18:28 parkrunning and messing up his pacing
- Tom's been sunning himself at the parkrun South Africa Ambassador Conference
- Vote for us at The British Podcasting Awards
- Want to help Mike Kallenberg support the RAF's 100 x 10km world record attempt? Email him via [email protected]
- Still time to book your tickets for the Skid Row Marathon
- Thanks so much to all our listeners who've supported the show by becoming a Patron
- Find out how you can get involved, via this link to our Patreon page
- Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo Marathon Talk kit all around the world
- If you've got a photo in your kit then please email it to [email protected] so we can share on the show
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album
- Rate Your Run sponsored by Mostyn Cottage
This week’s rate your run is sponsored by Mostyn Cottage, which offers beautiful accommodation, right on the trails in the heart of Coed y Brenin, in southern Snowdonia. Choose from bed & breakfast rooms or self-catering log cabins and enjoy the stunning way-marked trails and scenery of the Coed Y Brenin Forest and the surrounding mountains, right from your door. The forest is also home to Run Coed Y Brenin, with a running store located at the visitors centre, and they hold a number of running events there, including the Trail Marathon Wales and Ultra Trail Wales Find out more at www.mostyncottage.co.uk
- Share your runs on social media, giving them a rating out of 10
- Post to Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, using #rateyourrun
- Your posts will appear on our Rate Your Run social wall
- Manchester Marathon
- Steve Way wins again
- Laura Muir u-turns on coaching change
- Melissa Courtney wins Commonwealth bronze over 1,500m
- Commonwealth Games marathons this weekend
- Boston Marathon on Monday
- Spontaneous Fostering in Hannover
- The Listener Podium
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following:
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
Training Talk sponsored by Soar Running
This week’s Training Talk is sponsored by Soar Running. Soar is a London-based company born out of a desire for beautiful performance running wear. Their mission is simple – to seek unparalleled performance through the use of cutting-edge fabrics and innovative design, and to cherish the beauty of running in everything they do.
Find out more at www.soarrunning.com and get 20% off all shorts, t-shirts, vests and capris using code Maratalkspring20.
You can win £250 of SOAR kit by entering your details at www.soarrunning.com/marathontalk. There’ll be a prize for a man and a woman and the closing date is London Marathon day.
This week Josephine Perry joins us to talk 4 things to help your survive race week.
Check out the Performance in Mind performance zone.
Interview - Helen Croydon
- Martin will be hanging out with his friends
- Tom will be hanging out with his boy