Episode 430 - Callum Hawkins
This week Martin is joined in the studio by co-host Holly Rush. World marathon 4th placer and Rio Olympian top 10er Callum Hawkins joins us ahead of the Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast. Yuki is in winning form, so is Steve Way, and Gwen J. Edinburgh XC is back on, just not in Edinburgh, Soar Running sponsor Training Talk with a great offer plus you guys Rate Your Run, stand atop the Podium and climb aboard the Launch Pad.
- Martin's been 18:15 park running and riding his MTB
- Holly's been final prepping for Manchester Marathon and Nepal.
Skid Row Marathon comes to cinema's across the UK for a special screening on May 9th. We're hugely excited!
Check it out and book your tickets at www.skidrowmarathontickets.co.uk
Thanks so much to all our listeners who've supported the show by becoming a Patron
- Find out how you can get involved, via this link to our Patreon page
Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo Marathon Talk kit all around the world
- If you've got a photo in your kit then please email it to [email protected] so we can share on the show
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album
Rate Your Run
- Share your runs on social media, giving them a rating out of 10
- Post to Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, using #rateyourrun
- Your posts will appear on our Rate Your Run social wall
- Yuki wins! | Japan Running News
- Steve Way wins the 50km at the Celtic Cup. | Athletics Weekly
- Gwen Jorgensen wins a speedy track 10k. | Sports Illustrated
- Edinburgh XC now in Stirling | Fast Running
The Listener Podium
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following:
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
Interview - Callum Hawkins shares his Commonwealth Games aspirations.
- Callum on Twitter.
Training Talk with Mario Fraioli (sponsored by Soar Running)
This week’s Training Talk is sponsored by Soar Running. Soar is a London-based company born out of a desire for beautiful performance running wear. Their mission is simple – to seek unparalleled performance through the use of cutting-edge fabrics and innovative design, and to cherish the beauty of running in everything they do.
Find out more at www.soarrunning.com and get 20% off all shorts, t-shirts, vests and capris using code Maratalkspring20.
This week we are also launching a fab SOAR competition. You can win £250 of SOAR kit by entering your details at www.soarrunning.com/marathontalk. There’ll be a prize for a man and a woman and the closing date is London Marathon day.
- Martin is getting ready for London Marathon Facebook LIVE events.
- Holly is running Manchester Marathon and packing for Nepal.