Episode 43 - Will Cockerell
Freelance sports writer, columnist for Athletics Weekly, author of the brilliant book 'The 50 Greatest Marathon Races of All Time' and 2:27 marathon runner Will Cockerell caught up with Martin to talk about his favourite five marathons. Tony did things American style, Tom suffered some rather unfortunate chaffing and Martin got sent to the back of the queue!
Time - Section
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's been needlessly inflicting pain on himself
- Martin's been hanging out up north
08:18 - News
- Rate Your Run hits 8.2
- Marine Corps Marathon results
- Lausanne Marathon results
- Frankfurt Marathon press release
- Athens Classic Marathon press release
- Haile Gebreselassie to run Tokyo info
- Kenyans dominate marathon running in 2010 here
21:20 - Tony's Trials
- Tony does things American style!
24:50 - Training Talk - Time between marathons...
- Thanks to Gar O'Grady for this question... 'I'm hoping to resume training in early January and would like to give myself a target of maybe three marathons in 2011 (two done in two years so far with a PB of 4.32, which I'd like to improve on). Assuming my first of the year is late April / early May - how long would you advise between number one and two?
33:23 - Rant & Rave
- Tom raves about the UK's four wonderful seasons
- Martin rants about a rather rich budget airline
36:10 - Interview - Will Cockerell
- Freelance sports writer and columnist for Athletics Weekly, author of the brilliant book 'The 50 Greatest marathon Races of All Time' and 2:27 marathon runner Will Cockerell caught up with Martin to talk about his favourite five marathons.
- Check out Will's book here
- Visit Will's fundraising page here
- Visit the Marathon of Marathons website here
1:11:25 - Winner of the Week
- Nominated by Daniel Lieb via Facebook... Captain Ivan Castro from North Carolina
1:12:15 - Close
- Thanks to everyone who's ordered Marathon Talk hoodies, t-shirts and hats (find out more)
- Guess Hywel's time at this weekend's Rutland Marathon to win one of five Alp Kit head torches. As normal, first come first served on each time slot (to the nearest second), check out this link for entries to date and post your predictions as comments below. Thanks to Alp Kit for supporting the show, check them out HERE
- Check out Matt Rogan's brilliant book (HERE) - enter promo code MT26 for £2 discount and early delivery
- Still time to join Martin and Liz fro some early season running in the sun... link
- Watch Liz's live interview with Lucozade Sport at 1pm on Thursday the 4th of November here