Episode 424 - Lily Partridge
Leading British marathon runner Lily Partridge shares her pre London hopes, Ian Williams of Fetch fame joins us for a pace related training talk, we’d love you to come to Kenya, Laura Muir wins indoor, Peter Thompson is running Le Tour, there’s a 50 year old showdown in Alamosa and the Japanese lead the race commentary way. You rate your run, share you kit pics around the world and stand proudly on the listener podium.
- Martin's back from Devon, running a little and supping the River Avon.
- Tom's been celebrating running sub20 in Cardiff.
Travel to Kenya with Marathon Talk and Five Talents and experience the run of a lifetime.
Thanks so much to all our listeners who've supported the show by becoming a Patron
- Find out how you can get involved, via this link to our Patreon page
Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo Marathon Talk kit all around the world
- If you've got a photo in your kit then please email it to email@example.com so we can share on the show
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album
Rate Your Run
- Share your runs on social media, giving them a rating out of 10
- Post to Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, using #rateyourrun
- Your posts will appear on our Rate Your Run social wall
- Peter Thompson to run the 2018 TdF route for Mind and Liveability | Cycling Weekly
- How they commentate on marathons in Japan | LetsRun
- Laura Muir wins 3000m | Scotsman
- 50th reunion of 1968 US Olympic Marathon Trials and legends of US distance running events. | Alamosa News
The Listener Podium
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following:
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
Training Talk - sponsored by Active Cover.
This week’s Training Talk is sponsored by Active Cover, which provides a fresh approach to multi sports personal accident insurance. Active Cover aims to prevent you being kept out of action by providing financial support to reimburse you for diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation costs as well as contributing to the cost of private treatment throughout the UK, helping you to get back up and running faster.
Find out more online at www.activecover.co.uk
Tom spoke to Ian Williams from Fetcheveryone, check out the following links:
- Ian's pacing article that was published in The Guardian
- The Fetcheveryone marathon prediction calculator
- Everything you need to know about The Big Fetch Mile
Interview - Top British marathoner and London hopeful Lily Partridge
Follow Lily on Twitter.
- Martin will be at Run Camp.
- So will Tom!