Episode 401 - parkrun Germany
Mo and Mary win at the GNR, there’s a new road 10k women’s WR. Kipchoge is ramping up for Berlin. Training Talk with Liz Yelling takes us through some tough marathon sessions. Tim Soar from Soar Running tells us about short shorts. Tom’s been in Germany with parkrun and PSH says thanks to you for looking after parkrun. Plus, you guys rock you Kit Around the World, Rate Your Runs, and stand atop the podium.
- Martin's been listening to Ben Smith, Elise Downing and Calum Hudson.
- Tom's been touring parkrun Germany
A big thank you to those listeners who have popped along to Patreon and pledged their support for the show. If you like what we do and would like to support the show and become a patron then please check out this episode’s show notes for the link to our Patreon page.
Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo Marathon Talk kit all around the world. If you've got a photo in your kit then please email it to [email protected] so we can share on the show. Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album, If you want to support the show and look great then go to xempo.co.uk and grab yourself some super-cool Marathon Talk technical or leisure wear.
Rate Your Run supported by TRIBE
This week’s Rate Your Run is sponsored by TRIBE, the UKs leading all natural sports nutrition brand providing a range of over 20 natural energy and recovery products.
Get your first pack of 6 for just £1 using code MARATHONTALK at www.wearetribe.co
All you’ll have to do to rate your run is use #rateyourrun on social media and you’ll feature on our Rate Your Run social wall.
- Mo wins the GNR | Athletics Weekly
- Farah running London | London Marathon
- Mary Keitany wins women’s GNR | Athletics Weekly
- Farah on the marathon | Guardian
- Breaking wind in church. Sean Ingle | Guardian.
- Joyciline Jepkosgei breaks world 10km record | IAAF
- Going for it in Berlin | RunnersWorld
The Listener Podium
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following:
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
SOAR is a London based company born out of a desire for beautiful performance running wear. Their mission is simple – to seek unparalleled performance through the use of cutting-edge fabrics and innovative design, and to cherish the beauty of running in everything they do. We speak to founder Tim Soar about the brand and 'short shorts!'
** Enter the Soar Marathon Talk competition to be in with a chance of winning a cool Soar performance running jacket.
Two-time Olympic marathon runner Liz Yelling on belting marathon sessions to make a breakthrough.
Interview. Tom spent the week in Germany with parkrun.
- parkrun founder Paul Sinton-Hewitt and parkrun's James Kemp join Tom in discussing the trip.
- Tom will be parkrunning with Brian and Rosie
- Martin will be running Bushy parkrun and meeting the Marathon Talk Five Talents Kericho marathon team.
* One male and one female winner will be picked at random by SOAR, winning a jacket from their current range. Entries must be made by midnight on Weds 20th September.