Episode 40 - Lizzy Hawker
This year's winner of the UTMB Lizzy Hawker joins us to talk running... long. Tony and Liz check in, Martin's been legging it round Chicago and Tom's back on his feet :)
Time - Section
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's been running... and working on his guns :)
- Martin's been taking singing lessons... or is that 'should be' ?
- Martin's also been hanging out with Steve Jones and checking out American talent...
- The first batch of Marathon Talk clothing has been dispatched, to order fire us an email at email@example.com
- Listener Mark Ince run's 2,500 miles in ONE pair of shoes (read more)
09:02 - News
- Rate Your Run hits 8.0!
- Virgin London Marathon is getting a new race director (read more)
- Leicester Marathon has the prettiest results page EVER! (here)
- Essen Marathon won by Neil Renault (read more)
- Commonwealth Games marathon is tomorrow morning, tune in next week for the results
- Brussels Marathon results (here)
- Melbourne Marathon 2010 is biggest in Australian history (read more)
- Eindhoven marathon won in a photo finish, check out the video HERE
- Leonard Komon wins the Berlin Asics 10km in 27:12 (read more)
- Hawaii Ironman produces awesome marathons by both Aussie winners (read more)
- Chicago - Video of the final mile HERE
- Chicago - Searchable results and splits HERE
- Chicago - Race write up HERE
25:13 - The Road to Chicago
- The final installment of Liz's Chicago diary...
30:26 - Tony's Trials
- Tony's looking for the key...
32:02 - Training Talk
- Can I PB at 10km race just two weeks after I PB a marathon?
- Maintain momentum
- Be smart, eat and drink well post race
- Spend a few days gentle jogging
- Include a couple of 'reminder workouts'
39:04 - Rant & Rave
- Martin raves about wearing your medal over your shirt! Come on let's celebrate American style!
- Tom rants about negative trolls. Who is walking over my bridge?
41:36 - Interview - Lizzy Hawker
- Lizzie Hawker is one of the worlds top ultra and mountain runners. She first won the UTMB in 2005 and again in 2008. In 2006 she won the World 100km Championships and in October 2007 set a World record with Stephen Pryke for running from Everest Base Camp to the Nepalese capital Kathmandu, a distance of 302km with 10,000m of ascent and 14,000m of decent, running it in three days, two hours and 36 minutes. In 2009 she came second at the UTMB before returning to the top step of the podium in 2010.
1:14:14 - Winner of the Week
- Val Clare for running 100 consecutive Gwent League XC races over 20 years - Nominated by Ceri Davies
1:15:32 - Close
- Tom's gonna carry on running and keep working on those guns
- Martin's trying out some lightweight shoes
- If you're running the Abingdon Marathon this weekend they WILL disqualify people using MP3 players
- Fancy some running in the sun with Martin & Liz? Check out their Lanzarote camp HERE.