Episode 397 - Richard Whitehead
On this week’s show Tom’s away on hols and so Martin is joined by Comrades 'top tenner' Steve Way. The IAAF World Athletics Championships comes to a close, Mo bows out with a silver, there’s a little post champs reflection, it was really wet-n-windy in Helsinki, we congratulate Adam Holland, Steve Way shares some big race recovery strategies and we are joined by Richard Whitehead for this weeks interview.
- Martin's back from holiday, been listening to the wireless and has tweaked his achilles.
- Steve has been glued to the TV but is back on the road to fitness.
Come and watch the UK’s special screening of Skid Row Marathon.
We are super excited that we've been successful in bringing this award winning film to the UK and we'd love you to watch it with us.
Join us for a special screening of the award-winning documentary Skid Row Marathon.
Saturday September the 2nd at 3.30pm at the Prince Charles Cinema, 7 Leicester Place, London WC2H 7BY.
After the film, stay for a panel discussion with Martin Yelling and filmmakers Mark and Gabi Hayes from Los Angeles.
A portion of the proceeds will go to support The Running Charity in London which supports young homeless people through running and mentoring.
Kit around the world.
Each week listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their super-cool Marathon Talk kit in exotic locations around the world. If you’ve got one of you then please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can share on the show. Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album.
Here's our very own Robinson Crusoe listener Phil Jeffrey on Satang Island, Sarawak.
- Rate Your Run.
- Men’s 5000m - Mo bags Silver - BBC
- Women’s 5000m - Laura Muir finishes 6th | LetsRun | BBC
- Mo’s anger at the press and a name change | Guardian
- Is athletics in a good place? | BBC
- Interesting from Tom Fordyce | BBC
- Watch the GB medal winning relays on the BBC
- Check out the weather at the Helsinki Marathon | Facebook Post
- Congratulations Adam Holland.
The Listener Podium.
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following:
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory.
Training Talk - Recovering from your big race the Steve Way way.
Interview - Multiple world and Paralympic Champion Richard Whitehead.
- Martin is back at work and off to a wedding.
- Steve is building up his running and out with his pals (again).