Episode 393 - Nick Symmonds (Part Two)
On this week’s show we’re joined by Nick Symmonds again for Part Two of his interview and Phil Cook talks Night of Endurance. There’s an update from the Para Athletic World champs in London, a laughable doping excuse, Killian runs 85miles with a busted shoulder and still wins, Farah announces final track race in the UK and always finish your run (even after a spot of lifesaving). Plus,you guys rock your Marathon Talk kit all around the world, stand atop the Podium, climb aboard the Launch Pad and Rate Your Runs.
- Martin's back from Marathon Talk Austria Run retreat 2017. Watch out for 2018!
- Tom's been running sessions and hitting out strength 100's.
- Skid Row film screening is getting closer! Save the date! London, Leicester Square. Sept 2nd.
Come and run a very low key marathon in Kenya with a lovely group of Marathon Talk folk. We're going to support Five Talents and the work they do with women in Kenya, have a blast, see the country and meet the people. For all the the details and to secure your place pop here.
Each week listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their super-cool Marathon Talk kit in exotic locations around the world. If you’ve got one of you then please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can share on the show. Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album
All you’ll have to do to rate your run is use #rateyourrun on social media and you’ll feature on our Rate Your Run social wall, we’ll choose our favourites to read out on the show.
Here's listener John Tougher at the World Extreme Nail Drying Championships.
- IAAF World Para Athletics Champions. | BBC
- Jacob Steinbuerg writing in The Guardian
- The lamest doping excuse ever! | BBC
- HardRock 100 | IRunFar | HardRock100
- Farah Finale | IAAF
- Always finish your run! | Daily Record
Phil Cook talks about the Night of Endurance.
The Listener Podium
Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium. To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following:
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
Interview - Part Two of our conversation with USA 800m Olympian Nick Symmonds.
- Nick's YouTube channel
- Nick on Wikipedia
- Martin is off festivaling and camping
- Tom is chilling at home.
Thank you for supporting the show. Find out how you can get involved via this link to our Patreon page