Episode 385 - Kate Driskell
Tom’s been at the amazing Night of the 10,000m PBs whilst Martin's been hiding in the woods making fires. Kipsang and Kipchoge pull out of the IAAF World Marathon Champs. Reigning champ Caroline Wostmann is out of Comrades. Joan Benoit-Samuelson is aiming for sub 3hrs at aged 60. We speak to Ian Beddis about the ARUK Running Down Dementia Campaign and Tom speaks to the incredible Kate Driskell about her LEJOG self-supported run. You rate your run, send in some snappy kit pictures and strut your stuff on the podium.
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's been shelter building, fire starting and not running.
- Tom's been Braunstone park running and at the NOT10KMPBS.
Thanks so much to all our listeners who've supported the show by becoming a Patron
Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo Marathon Talk kit all around the world
- If you've got a photo in your kit then please email it to email@example.com so we can share on the show
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album
11:30 - News
- Rate Your Run. #rateyourrun
- Night of the 10,000m PB’s | Athletics Weekly
- McColgan Speaks out | BBC
- Big write up in the NY Times about Salazar | This doesn’t sound legal: Inside NOP.
- Kipchoge and Kipsang OUT of Kenya team for World Championships. | Daily Nation.
- Fastest marathons/marathoners | RunnersWorld USA
- Joan Benoit Samuelson sub3 at 60 | RunnersWorld USA
- Ultra runner Kilian Journet sets new Everest record | The Himalayan.
36:30 - Running Down Dementia with Ian Beddis.
The Listener Podium
Each week we celebrate your marathon results on the Listener Podium.
To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following:
- Log in to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden glow of glory
51:10 - Interview | Kate Driskell - LEJOG in 42 days self-supported.
1:29:50 - Close
- Martin is off surfing, camping and interval running
- Tom is giving his first evert TEDX talk.