Episode 383 - Alex and Rosemary Stanton (Part One)
This week the Nike Breaking2 project came to a dramatic conclusion in Monza, we speak to Ed Caesar who was there to witness it, Ben Pochee joins us with news of the biggest night in British track running, The Night of the 10,000m PBs and we’ve got the first of a two part interview with the wonderful coaching team of Alec and Rosemary Stanton. The Flying Runner bring us the listener podium, Training Talk looks at perfect pacing, you rate your run and share you kit pics around the world.
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's been exploring Austria for a Marathon Talk run camp. It's going to be epic. Stay tuned.
- Tom's been running the most since his thirties.
The Fitness Rewards Virtual Run with Kelly Holmes. Find out more about Fitness Rewards, their Virtual Run, and their competition to run with Kelly
- Thanks so much to all our listeners who've supported the show by becoming a Patron
- Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo Marathon Talk kit all around the world. If you've got a photo in your kit then please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can share on the show
16:50 - News
- Rate Your Run
The Listener Podium with The Flying Runner
- Get 20% off with The Flying Runner using the code MT20
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on the Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following:
- Log in to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden glow of glory.
53:30 - Night of the 10,000m PB's. We catch up with event organiser Ben Pochee.
Check out the Facebook event page.
1:05:46 - Training Talk supported by Stryd; the world’s first revolutionary power meter for runners.
You can now measure your running power, pinpoint your performance and get personalized strength plans to improve your form and efficiency to run faster. Stryd can then give you race-day pacing so you can set your new PB.
Use the code 'marathontalk15' and receive 15% discount on any Stryd device listed here.
- Pacing tips for race day success.
1:13:30 - Interview with Alex and Rosemary Stanton.
UK Coach of the year, England Athletics lifetime achievement award, coaches to 100's of internationals including Paula Radcliffe and Liz Yelling.
- Martin is off to London and hopefully feeling better
- Tom is off to Manchester and top chilling.