Episode 381 - London Marathon.
On this week’s show it was a London Marathon Sunday full of fast times, memorable moments, glory for some and pain for others. We look back at what could have been the best London Marathon ever. We speak to top British elites Alyson Dixon and Charlotte Purdue and surprise British Men’s Champ Josh Griffiths as well as Dreams Come True Charity runner Rachel Humphrey. The Flying Runner give away an awesome personalised picture to one lucky podium entrant. Training Talk looks at race reflection, you rate your run and strutt your MT gear around the world.
00:00 - Intro.
- Martin's been presenting at the London Marathon expo and 5:02 London running. See his Strava.
- Tom's been at the Running Awards and knocking out a mile.
If you like what we do and would like to support the show and become a patron then please check out our Patreon page.
Each week listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their super-cool Marathon Talk kit in exotic locations around the world. If you’ve got one of you then please send it to email@example.com so we can share on the show.
To support the show, look cool, and impress your running mates check out Xempo where you can purchase hoodies, beanies and buffs, as well as technical and leisure t-shirts.
15:50 - News
Thanks to Runderwear, a British brand who make seamless, moisture-wicking, technical Performance Underwear to prevent chaffing for sponsoring Rate Your Run this week. Enter the Runderwear lottery here for your chance to win one of ten pairs of Runderwear.
It was the London Marathon on Sunday. Possibly the best race ever?
35:24 - We speak to Josh Griffiths
55:40 - We speak to Alyson Dixon and Charlotte Purdue
- Wheelchairs | Women | Men
- Matthew Rees and David Wyeth and the Half Foster. | London Marathon | BBC | Remember the Full Foster.
- Fancy Dress World Records. | London Marathon
1:24:36 - We speak to Dreams Come True charity runner, Rachel Humphrey.
Listener Podium - Sponsored by The Flying Runner
Each week we celebrate your marathon results on the Listener Podium. To add your result, and get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following:
- Log in to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden glow of glory
Congratulations to Andrew McGlone the winner of this weeks podium draw who gets an awesome London Marathon Flying Runner personalised print!
1:44:25 - Training Talk sponsored by Fitness Rewards
Fitness Rewards are offering a special sign up offer for Marathon Talk listeners when you sign up to a Vitality life insurance policy with fitness rewards you’ll get a Garmin forerunner 235 for £135.
Check out their virtual run with Kelly Holmes HERE.
Post marathon reflection on your race:
- Be proud of yourself whatever the outcome.
- What about if you didn’t finish? Acceptance of this. Don’t beat yourself up.
- Think about your success before the race - what you did well and why and how you’ll include them again. What made you happy?
- What were the reasons that things didn’t go to plan? Anything obvious?
- Remember, running doesn’t define you as a person. Times don’t define how good a human you are!
1:50:20 - Close
- Martin will be recovering.
- Tom will be head down and working hard. Allegedly.