Episode 379 - Jo Pavey
The Kenyan Olympic women’s marathon Champion fails a drug test, Runderwear bring you Rate Your Run and Fitness Rewards announce a marathon deal. Sonia O’Sullivan’s daughter rips it up down under and this coming Monday in the USA it’s the Boston Marathon where one runner is aiming for his 50th consecutive race. Plus, we look at 3 ways to see the best in your previous race and the formidable Jo Pavey joins us to talk anti-doping, medals, and the London Marathon.
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's been a poorly boy
- Tom's been running more.
If you like what we do and would like to support the show and become a patron then please check out our Patreon page.
Each week listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their super-cool Marathon Talk kit in exotic locations around the world. If you’ve got one of you then please send it to [email protected] so we can share on the show.
To support the show, look cool, and impress your running mates check out xempo.co.uk/marathon-talk-store where you can purchase hoodies, beanies and buffs, as well as technical and leisure t-shirts and the new PacePockets. These are fabric wristbands with a storage pocket for your running essentials and your choice of split times printed on both sides. To check them out visit www.pacepockets.run use the code MT2017 for free delivery!
19:55 - Facebook Friday talked about marathoning advice to your former self | Thread
Fitness Rewards offer a special marathon season deal. John McGlone joins us from Fitness Rewards 'the runners choice for life and health insurance'
For Marathon Talk - sign up to a Vitality life insurance policy with Fitness Rewards you’ll get a Garmin Forerunner 235 for £135. Get your quote.
22:10 - News
Runderwear bring your Rate Your Run.
- Runderwear are a British brand who make seamless, moisture-wicking, technical Performance Underwear to prevent chaffing. Find them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Share your runs on social media, giving them a rating out of 10. Post to Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, using #rateyourrun and your posts will appear on our Rate Your Run social wall
- Jemima Sumgong Olympic Champion fails drug test for EPO | Reuters
- London Marathon Statement
- LetsRun did a really insightful analysis - what does this mean for the sport?
- Ross Tucker writes | Clean Sport
- Brighton Marathon | Athletics Weekly
- Boston is this Monday April 17th and one US man is aiming for his 50th finish! | RunnersWorld USA
- Who to watch in Boston by Toni Reavis for Competitor.
- Sonia O’Sullivan’s daughter ripping it up down under! | Irish Times
55:19 - Listener Podium
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on the Listener Podium
- To add your result;
- Log in to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden glow of glory.
59:50 - Training Talk - Three simple ways to feel good about your race when it didn't quite go to plan.
- Remember that it’s really only you who really cares.
- Stop thinking about your outcome and identify the good things from the process.
- What did you do that actually surprised you?
1:01:04 - Interview with five time Olympian Jo Pavey
1:48:00 - Close
- Martin's off camping
- Tom's going away sans kids