Episode 372 - Peter Thompson
Mo runs his final indoor race, Laura Muir smashes yet another record, Lily Partridge debuts in style in Seville, Steve Smythe sets a marathon world record, and Ethiopian runner faces jail, Flanagan's out of Boston, and Wilson eyes the world record in Tokyo.
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's been taking it to the kids
- Tom's been taken down by the kids
Each week listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo Marathon Talk kit all around the world. If you've got a photo in your kit then please send it to [email protected] so we can share on the show. Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album.
17:05 - News
- Rate Your Run | View your ratings Share your runs on social media and give them a rating out of 10. (0 is a shocker, 10 is awesome). You can Tweet, Instagram or post on Facebook using #rateyourrun. All posts will appear on our Rate Your Run social wall.
- Ethiopia set to jail their first 'doper'
- Lily Partridge debuts in style in Seville
- Laura and Mo win in Birmingham
- Steve Smythe breaks three hours, 40 years after the first time he did it
- Shalane's out of Boston
- Wilson eyes up a Tokyo world record
Each week we celebrate your marathon results on the Listener Podium. To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following:
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon. If it's not there you can add it
- Add your race result
- Bask in the golden glow of glory
44:17 - Training Talk - Going Long
- Fuel (or not)
- Pace (always)
- Mind (don't judge, focus on the process)
- Mix things up
1:00:03 - Interview - Peter Thompson
1:38:10 - Close
- Martin's home alone with the bin lids
- Tom's looking forward to a weekend with his mum