Episode 367 - Bryony Gordon
On this week’s show we celebrate our 7th birthday. I interview the Telegraph’s Bryony Gordon who’ll be running her first London Marathon in April. Japhet Makau joins us from Nairobi to talk about the Tanzanian Marathon, Tony’s here with his trials. There’s a little sub 2 talk, will Bekele run a WR in Dubai and Weir retires from Team GB. You tell us the UK’s top Run Town, rate your run and stand on the podium.
- 00:00 - Intro
- Martin's been Fan Dancing in the snow.
- Tom's been having the perfect all round weekend.
Happy 7th Birthday to Marathon Talk. Thanks to sarah from Art of your Success for our birthday card.
Check out the super-cool Marathon Talk kit around the World photos
- Link to Facebook album Marathon Talk around the World
- Also check out Tom Wake’s interactive world map
13:00 - Marathon Talk goes to Tanzania and we'd love you to join us!
We hear from Japhet Makau about Iringa and the Five Talents Tanzania Marathon.
Find out more - Five Talents Tanzania Marathon
- Facebook Friday asked you what is the UK's top 'Run Town".
30:09 - News
- Rate Your Run over on the forum NEW WAY to rate your run - When our new website goes live - very soon - all you’ll have to do to rate your run is use #rateyourrun on social media...Please give it a whirl.
- Breaking Two Hours for the marathon. Alex Hutchinson wrote a good piece in RW USA | After a big PB - what next?
- The attempt is in May | Reuters
- Boston Marathon announces elite field | Lets Run
- London Marathon announces stacked elite womens field | London Marathon
- Seb Coe doesn’t have to go | Athletics Weekly.
- David Weir announces retirement on Twitter | Guardian
- Watch Bekele go for the marathon World Record in Dubai. Or will he? Watch LIVE.
- Listener Podium.
54:55 - Tony's Trials
1:03:13 - Interview - Bryony Gordon.
The Telegraph columnist, author and mental health advocate is running her first marathon in London this year.
1:44:53 - Close
- Martin will be in marathon training and a Live London Marathon Facebook Q&A on Friday eveing.
- Tom will be doing a little running and having another top weekend.