Episode 363 - Ed Caesar
Tony preps for the inaugural Marathon Talk Christmas Quiz, Tom logs a big fat zero and speaks to author & journalist Ed Caesar, the Fitness Rewards 12 Days of Christmas Challenge rolls on, we reflect on Monday's DCMS Select Committee session with British Cycling, and you guys rock your kit all around the world.
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's been snuggling up to the South West Coastal Path
- Tom's been running precisely no miles at all
- Check out the super-cool Marathon Talk kit around the world
- The Fitness Rewards 12 Days of Christmas Challenge
To take part, run (any distance, any pace, any time) every day for the 12 days leading into Christmas and share your run on social media daily using #12daysofchristmas and including @fitnesrewards1
Every day Fitness Rewards will select a random winner from everyone who shares their run that day.
Giving out a race place each day, winners will have the choice of half marathons at Reading, Brighton, Bath, or North London (which finishes in Wembley stadium).
If you can do all 12 days of Christmas on the bounce you’ll go into a special Fitness Rewards Christmas present random prize draw to WIN a race place of your choice, surprise bundle, and a Marathon Talk leisure t-shirt.
If any listeners take out their life insurance with Fitness Rewards in association with Vitality, not only will they get weekly rewards such as cinema tickets & Starbucks coffee, but they'll also receive an incredible sign-up offer on a Garmin or the new Apple Watch Series 2.
All you need to do is quote Marathon Talk when purchasing life insurance to get this great deal.
17:36 - News
- Culture, Media & Sport Select Committe with British Cycling
This week’s Listener Podium is supported by Fitness Rewards. If you like earning stuff like coffee, cinema tickets, gym memberships, running shoes or GPS watches, as well as getting rewarded for being active, then check out www.fitnessrewards.co.uk.
48:02 - Tony's Trials
50:50 - Training Talk - Getting Through Christmas Unscathed
- What does Christmas mean to you?
- Reflect on what's not worked out in the past
- Don't worry about losses or gains in fitness
- Combining festive excess with hard training often ends in tears. You choose.
59:46 - Interview - Ed Caesar
1:42:01 - Close
- Martin will be inviting less-fortunate members of the Sandbanks community to join the Yelling family for festive celebrations in his private estate.
- Tom will be taking one for the team and letting Helen do all the Williams family Christmas shopping.