Episode 362 - Stuart Leaney
On this week’s show we speak to the holder of the new 50k treadmill World Record and Marathon Talk ever-present Stuart Leaney, part two of the McLaren Report provides more evidence of the scale of doping in Russia, GB roar to success at the European XC champs, another sub 2hour marathon project is announced, Tony brings us his biggest trial yet, Fitness Rewards kick off the 12 Days of Christmas challenge and you’ve got your kit on!
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's been slowing down pushing the boys, putting up Christmas trees and looking after the kids.
- Tom's been resting. Bless him.
- Check out the super-cool Marathon Talk kit around the World
- Link to Facebook album Marathon Talk around the World
- Also check out Tom Wake’s interactive world map
- The Fitness Rewards 12 Days of Christmas Challenge.
To take part, run (and distance, any pace, any time) every day for 12 days leading into Christmas and share your run on social media daily using the hashtag 12daysofchristmas and including @fitnesrewards1
Every day Fitness Rewards will select a random winner from everyone who shares their run that day.
Prizes include: Giving out a place a day, winner will have the choice of half marathons at Reading, Brighton, Bath, and North London which finishes in Wembley stadium.
If you can do all 12 days of Christmas on the bounce you’ll go into a special Fitness Rewards Christmas present random prize draw to WIN a race place of your choice and a surprise bundle on top and a Marathon Talk leisure tee.
If any listeners take out their Life insurance with fitness rewards in association with Vitality and not only will they get weekly rewards such as cinema tickets & Starbucks but they'll also get an incredible sign up offer on a Garmin or the New Apple Watch Series 2.
All you need to do is quote Marathon Talk when getting a quote to get this great deal.
- Facebook Friday.
"Female athletes can’t be feminine and taken seriously". Canadian 2:28 marathoner Lanni Marchant asks "Can’t I be feminine, including sexy, and be an advocate?"
23:38 - News
- Is Ralph Keyes right when it comes to sport? | The Post-Truth Era.
- New 50k treadmill World record from Stuart Leaney | Watch the video
54:47 - Fitness Rewards Listener Podium
This week’s Marathon Talk Listener podium is supported by Fitness Rewards. If you like earning stuff like coffee, cinema tickets, gym memberships, running shoes and GPS watches and getting rewarded for being active then check out www.fitnessrewards.co.uk.
57:18 - Tony's Trials Christmas Pub Quiz.
- You cannot miss this! A LIVE Facebook Quiz Tony's Trials style!
1:02:36 - Interview with new 50k treadmill world record holder Stuart Leaney.
- Stuart on Twitter
1:48:38 - Close
- Martin will be gearing up for Christmas.
- Tom will be celebrating 8 years of marriage to Helen.