Episode 35 - Jez Bragg
Fresh from victory at the North Face UTMB we speak to Jez Bragg and find out exactly what flicks his ultra-distance switch... talking of long runs Tony tells us all about the Bullock Smithy and we discuss recovery strategies for peak training sessions. Liz brings us the latest from her Road to Chicago, we rant we rave, we answer your questions and we Winner of the Week.
Time - Section
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's been racing round Monaco at the Tristar 111 triathlon.
08:36 - News
- Rate Your Run scores on the way up... another 'duck' from TW though!
- Find out more about geo caching at www.geocaching.com
- Tokyo Marathon receives 335,000 entries! (japanrunningnews.blogspot.com)
- Constantina Dita runs 77 minutes at the Dodge Rock'n'Roll Virginia Beach half marathon (runningusa.com)
- Berlin Marathon announces elite men's field (letsrun.com)
- Chicago Marathon announces elite women's field (chicagomarathon.com)
- Montreal Marathon results (marathonguide.com)
- Carver Wolverhampton City Marathon results (wolverhamptoncitymarathon.co.uk)
- Great Yorkshire 10km - Thommo second by a second to Craig Mottram (www.greatrun.org)
16:23 - Tony's Trials
- Fifty-six point one miles through the Derbyshire Peak District... live from the Peaks.
24:00 - Training Talk
- Recovering from THE long run or your PEAK training session.
33:21 - The Road to Chicago
- Liz focuses on the positives after a disappointing Bristol half marathon.
36:05 - Rant & Rave
- Tom raves about gurners!?!?
- Martin rants about being ripped off :(
39:00 - Interview - Jez Bragg
- In 2009 this week’s guest finished third overall at the 100 mile Western States endurance run, won the UK 100k championships in Galway in 6:58 (6:44) and the Commonwealth 100k championships in Keswick in 7:04 then rounded out the year with a first ever midwinter sub 24 hour for the 95 mile West Highland Way. Despite a less than ideal to 2010 with a stress fracture that stopped him running completely he returned to action last weekend with the overall victory at the rescheduled North Face Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc.
- Check out Jez's great blog at jezbragg.blogspot.com
1:20:23 - Question of the Week
Thanks to Ruth Lack via email - I'm running the New York City Marathon later this year... how fast can I run?
1:25:19 - Winner of the Week
Nominated by Joanna Aitken-Sayers, this week's winner of the week is Alex Flynn
- Alex's website can be found HERE
1:26:05 - Close
- Good luck to everyone at the Yorkshireman full and half marathons.
- It's Nottingham Marathon time!
- Marathon Talk BYO BBQ on Saturday night at Holme Pierrepont campsite
- Sunday morning social run leaving at 7am from Holme Pierrepont campsite.
- The the main event... THE EXPERIAN ROBIN HOOD FESTIVAL OF RUNNING.
- Come along and help out at the Marathon Talk Motivation Station at mile 19.5.