Episode 348 - Jason Cherriman
Tony’s Trials is back and brings us a super trials from the Bullock Smithy. Tom speaks to obsessive marathon runner Jason Cherriman, the Paralympic Games kicks off in Rio, but is there too much medal pressure? There’s a 30-mile marathon in Moray. Amy Hughes is trying to break a treadmill world record. You rate your run, stand on the podium and share your pictures all around the world.
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's been parkrunning, stand up paddling and run camp planning.
- Tom's been at Hannah Corne's wedding and doing podcast interviews.
- Check out all our interviewees Magic Mile times here
Check out the super-cool Marathon Talk kit around the World
- Link to Facebook album Marathon Talk around the World
- Also check out Tom Wake’s interactive world map
- Support the show and buy some MT Xempo kit (ask about getting it personalised)
- Can you help? We think we can do our social media better. If you work in social media or are a running social guru and you think you can help on a voluntary basis - and be a part of our team - we’d love to hear from you. email@example.com
- 25:10 - News
- BBC Guide to the Paralympics | bbc.co.uk
- Pressure from medals? | Inside the Games
- Amy Hughes on a treadmill | http://amyhughes53.co.uk/
- That’s a bit over distance. | Moray Press and Journal
- Next week’s interview: Joe Grant
47:47 - Marathon Talk Listener Podium
49:59 - Tony's Trials.
- Tony has been at thr Bullock Smithy.
1:15:35 - Interview with marathon obsessive Jason Cherriman
2:09:33 - Close
- Martin's Bournemouth Marathon planning and doing really productive things.
- Tom's generally loafing about and Sheffield Hallam parkrunning on Saturday