Episode 339 - Scott Westcott
This week we speak with an Australian marathon hero and Rio Olympic qualifier Scott Westcott, Jenny Meadows supports Yulia Stepanova. Yuki’s Mum’s zips up her suit at the Gold Coast marathon, there’s a new wheelchair LEJOG record, Sean Conway completes his big triathlon, we talk to Andy Norman about the beer mile world champs, you rate your run, stand proud on our podium and are looking amazing in your kit around the world.
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's been camping, celebrating Ade Holloway's 100th marathon and planning for the Bournemouth Marathon and the Long Run Home.
- Tom's been living it up at the parkrun annual ambassador conference in Leeds.
Check out the super-cool Marathon Talk kit around the World
- Link to Facebook album Marathon Talk around the World
- Also check out Tom Wake’s interactive world map
- Support the show and buy some Xempo MT kit.
18:12 - News
- Andy Norman talks about the Beer Mile Classic.
- Russian appeal process | Athletics Weekly
- Stepanova cleared to be first independent/neutral Russian athlete | NY Times
- British athlete Jenny Meadows says Yulia Stepanova should be allowed to compete in Rio | Inside the Games.
- Yuki (and his Mum) at the Gold Coast Marathon
- New wheelchair LeJog record | Wheelchairlejog
- Adventurer Sean Conway completes 'GB coastline triathlon' | BBC
- Rob Young Update from Skins | Skins
53:51 - Marathon Talk Listener Podium
- Taken live from the new podium page
56:00 - Interview with Australian Rio 2016 marathoner Scott Westcott.
1:29:52 - Martin's Long Run Home kicks off on Monday 11th July!
- Martin will be setting off on a 630 mile run around the South West Coast Path
- Tom will be off to Croatia on a stag do!