Episode 335 - Professor Grant Schofield
Tom speaks to author of book ‘What the Fat’ Professor Grant Schofield, Fitness Rewards challenge you to 10k a day. Martin talks running in the Alps with Kingsley Jones and you have the chance to win a guide to trail running in Chamonix. Mo Farah breaks Dave Moorcrofts 24 year British record, says he’ll quit track and stands by Salazar. Flanagan’s on fire. De Reuck smashes Comrades and it’s London Good for Age time.
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's been 17:45 parkrunning and 34mile long running.
- Tom's been successfully looking after his own children and speaking to Ed Ceasar.
- Vote for Ed Ceasar in the Cross Sports Book Awards
Check out the amazing Marathon Talk kit all around the world
- Take part in the Fitness Rewards June 10k a Day challenge.
Get a life or health insurance quote with Fitness Rewards and mention Marathon Talk to get discounts and offers.
28:14 - News
- Russian athlete - why can’t we take drugs? | Sky News
- Mo Farah runs new British 3000m record | BBC
- Farah to retire from track in 2017 | Athletics Weekly
- USADA dropped case against Salazar? | Oregon Live.
- Shalane Flanagan runs big HM PB. | Letsrun
- Colleen de Reuck does well at Comrades. | Runner’s World USA
- London Good For Age details | London Marathon
51:23 - Kingsley Jones talks Alpine running.
WIN a copy of Kingsley Jones book “Trail Running - Chamonix and the Mont Blanc Region” on social media.
1:06:04 - The Long Run Home
- Martin’s latest BLOG
- The Long Run Home Tracking and Route Map
1:12:57 - Interview with Prof Grant Schofield (Part One)
Grant on Twitter
1:45:09 - Close
- Martin's at home looking after the kids
- Tom's watching football and triathlon.