Episode 324 - Eddie Izzard
On this week’s show we are joined by Eddie Izzard in South Africa after finishing his 27 marathons in 27 days challenge. Tom’s running Two Oceans so Martin is joined by effervescent ultra marathoner Steve Way. You’ve won some trainers and breakfast with Kelly Holmes. We talk about being 4 weeks out from a big marathon. Molly Huddle has a cuddle, you rate your run, it's a men only podium and you have fun in your kit.
00:00 - Intro.
- Martin's been cheering Eddie Izzard, pushing the boys at parkrun and run directing Poole junior parkrun
- Steve's been setting world V40 records for running 40miles around and around and around in circle.
- Check out the amazing Marathon Talk kit all around the world
- Congratulations Sean Moriarty for predicting Eddie Izzards 90km distance run time and winning a Marathon Talk Xempo Tee.
16:57 - News
- Rate Your Run over on our forum
- Putin steps up? | ESPN
- Cuts to UKAD? | Inside the Games
- Dopers still winning | Letsrun
- New BBC Farah Docu | Indiewire
- The Listener Podium is taken from our online rankings
37:20 - Training Talk. So, you're 4 weeks out from your big marathon?
Steve Way's 4 weeks to go 5 point checklist
1 - Marathon pace targets
2 - Dress rehearsal long run (Nutrition/kit)
3 - Race Day Logistics (Travel/accommodation etc)
4 - Race Day trainers
5 - Focus on protection of fitness
45:03 - Interview : Eddie Izzard has just successfully run 27 marathons in 27 days with a Comrades distance on the final day. We speak to him in detail about his challenge and are joined by his on tour physio Tim Cruse-Drew.
00:00 - Close
- Martin is off skiing for the first time ever and so will be away next week.
- Steve is running more miles and gearing up for the London Marathon.