Episode 317 - Joe Williams
On this week’s show we’ve got a competition to win a Garmin with Fitness Rewards. Galen Rupp announces he’s running a marathon. There’s a new world record for 12hrs on a treadmill and winners running 7 marathons on 7 different continents in 7 days. Steve Way talks about when training goes wrong and we speak to Joe Williams - the founder of UKrunchat. Tony is here with his trials and you stand tall and proud on the podium.
- 00:00 - Intro
- Martin's been taking his Mum out for her birthday and 17.41 buggy running.
- Tom's been doing the National Trust Nostell Priory Night Run.
- Check out the super-cool Marathon Talk kit around the World
- Link to Facebook album Marathon Talk around the World
- Also check out Tom Wake’s interactive world map
- Get your Marathon Talk kit HERE.
- WIN A GARMIN VIVOSMART WITH FITNESS REWARDS
Marathon Talk have teamed up with Fitness Rewards in association with Vitality to bring you the chance to win a Garmin Vivosmart HR. To be in with a chance of winning all you have to do is visit the Marathon Talk Facebook page, LIKE the competition post and ‘LIKE’ the Fitness Rewards page. Or if Twitter is your thing then RT the competition and follow @FitnessRewards1.
Competition closes at midnight on Monday the 8th Feb and the winner drawn at random will be announced on next weeks show/podcast.
Check out fitnessrewards.co.uk to see all the great deals for the Marathon Talk community.
- The Facebook Friday thread is here
16:28 - News
- Rate Your Run here
- The Pursuit of Coe | Telegraph
- Drug cheats to be banned for life by UKA? | Telegraph
- Motors in bikes? | Cycling Weekly
- Congratulations Suzie Chan 12hr treadmill WR| Kingston University
- Galen Rupp to run the USA Olympic Marathon Trials | USATF-TV
- The US Olympic Trials are Los Angeles on February 13th | HERE
- London Marathon Announce Millionth runner! | VMLM
41:45 - The podium is taken from our online rankings page
42:59 - Tony's Trials
43:26 - Training Talk with Steve Way. What to do when it doesn't go quite to plan.
57:45 - Interview with runner and founder of UKRunChat Joe Williams.
- UKRunChat | website
- follow UKRunChat on Twitter #ukrunchat
1:28:35 - Close
- Martin will be celebrating 44 years, at the London Marathon 'Meet the Experts' and in Parliament on Tuesday!
- Tom will be doing a Heartsafe session at at Bolton parkrun.