Episode 313 - Ed Caesar
This week we welcome 2016 and get things back to normal. You show off your new Xempo kit around the world, Jamie Ramsay has finished his run around some of the world and wants you to do the final few miles with him in the UK. There’s a doping update and we look at a few New Year running resolutions. You stand tall on the Jabra Podiums. Tony's Trials is in the house. Plus Tom speaks to Ed Caesar, author of the brilliant book Two Hours.
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's been kicking off Poole parkrun juniors, celebrating New Year and running 36 minutes for 10k.
- Tom's been fighting over presents and parkrun doubling.
- Marathon Talk kit all around the world
- Send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Want to run with Jamie Ramsay - Details | http://jamieisrunning.com/my-blog/
20:43 - News
- Rate Your Run over on the forum
- The Doping Scandal
- German athletes who fail doping tests could face prison | Inside The Games.
- BBC Sport Today Programme | Listen
- Switzerland stops talking with the IAAF | Inside the Games
- Top 10 running resolutions
- 2016 is Olympic year! And it’s not looking bright. | National Post
47:51 - Jabra Podium
- Thanks to Jabra for supporting the show and giving away a pair of Jabra Sport Pulse headphones every single week to a podium finisher drawn at random
- To get on the podium you need to make sure your marathon is on our events pages (put it on there if it isn't) and then upload your finish time by Monday night UK time.
54:12 Tony's Trials
56:21 - Training Talk - 5 rules for kicking off 2016 with running clarity.
59:39 - Interview - Ed Caesar
- Website | http://www.edcaesar.co.uk/
- Twitter | @edcaesar
- Book | Two Hours on Amazon
1:50:18 - Close
- Martin will be resurrecting pilates and swimming
- Tom will be running for fun. As always.