Episode 309 - Liz Yelling
Martin’s been on the wagon whilst Tom’s been running. Tony’s been in Stockport. Seb Coe faced a quizzing. Yuki lets his suit fall loose whilst Makau is back on top. It’s the European Cross Country this weekend and we speak to Liz Yelling about cross country running. We ask you 5 spring marathon questions plus we’ve got news of our 3rd annual run camp, you strut your kit poses and stand proud on the Jabra podium.
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's been boozing it up some more
- Tom's been enjoying his running some more.
- Marathon Talk kit all around the world
- Send your photos to [email protected]
- Run Camp 2016. Sandy Balls. The New Forest. Feb 26/27/28th. £175.00pp. Let us know you're interested by emailing [email protected]
*COMPETITION* Win a trip for two to the Gran Canaria Marathon 2016. [Details at the bottom of the page!)
17:49 - News
- Rate Your Run over on our forum
- The Doping Scandal
- Seb Coe gets quizzed by Culture, Media and Sport Select Committee of MP’s last week
- As it happened live | Telegraph
- Sean Ingle in the Guardian
- Fukuoka Marathon | Japan Running News
- European XC champs is this weekend. | European Athletics
46:33 - Jabra Podium
- Thanks to Jabra for supporting the show and giving away a pair of Jabra Sport Pulse headphones every single week to a podium finisher drawn at random
- To get on the podium you need to make sure your marathon is on our events pages (put it on there if it isn't) and then upload your finish time by Monday night UK time
50:53 - Tony's Trials
- Tony’s been in Stockport | Stockport
59:13 - Training Talk - 5 spring marathon questions now!
What’s your background to this build up? Have you had a break, are you feeling fresh now? Where do you feel you are at?
What would your ideal Jan the 1st 2016 look like?
What do you need to do between now and then to make that happen? What’s your action?
How is Christmas going to look for you? (more on that next week)
- What are your Jan - Feb - March - April training targets? (and what do you need to put in place to hit them?)
1:02:34 - Interview - Cross Country with Liz Yelling
- Liz on Twitter
1:21:58 - Close
- Tom will be taking spare pink tights to Harrogate junior parkrun.
- Martin will be a top Dad flying solo with the kids.
****GRAN CANARIA MARATHON COMPETITION****
The best running Christmas present ever. WIN a trip for two to the Gran Canaria Marathon! - January 22nd/23rd/24th 2016
Race entry to chosen event (10k, half or full marathon).
Return flights from any UK or Ireland airport for 2 people. (winner plus 1).
3 nights accommodation in official race hotel (winner plus 1)
VIP area access.
How to enter.
Answer the following question: In what city does the Gran Canaria marathon take place?
Email your answer to [email protected]
Subject header - Gran Canaria marathon competition
Closing date for entries Friday 18th December (midnight)
One winner will be drawn at random from all the correct answers recieved before the closing date.
The winner announced on Sunday 20th December on social media and Wed 23rd December on Marathon Talk.
Prize is not transferable and has no cash value.