Episode 295 - Jason Henderson
This week Tom’s away on holiday so I’m joined by Sarah Russell to present the show. The IAAF world champs in Beijing come to a close, we take a look back and Tom talks in depth to editor of Athletics Weekly Jason Henderson about it. Duncan Simpson joins us for a training talk about what runners think about. Tony’s in town and you stand proud on the Jabra Podium.
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's away on holiday at his villa in the Maldives (again) so the awesome Sarah Russell steps into his tiny shoes.
- Sarah's been running in Zermatt and reading Lizzy Hawker's book 'Runner'.
- Martin's almost over the lurgy and been eating wild blackberries.
- Marathon Talkers show off their classic blacks.
- Facebook Friday is here
- Who is Helen? | Dragons Back Race
19:45 - News
- Rate Your Run over on our forum
- The IAAF World Championships in Beijing comes to a close.
- Women’s marathon | IAAF
- Women’s 5k | IAAF
- Men's 5k | IAAF
- Martin’s favourite World Champs video | BBC
Tweets of the week
- Swift Girls Beijing Wrap up | HERE
38:02 - The Jabra Podium
- Thanks to Jabra for supporting the show and giving away a pair of Jabra Sport Pulse headphones every single week to a podium finisher drawn at random
- To get on the podium you need to make sure your marathon is on our events pages (put it on there if it isn't) and then upload your finish time by Monday night UK time
40:53 - Tony's Trials
45:42 - Training Talk with sports psych Duncan Simpson
- Find out more about Duncan here
- Tune in to his Tweets here
1:06:07 - Interview.
- Jason Henderson from Athletics Weekly and Tom wax on about the IAAF World Championships.
1:49:11 - Close
- Sarah will be training for Loch Ness Marathon, starting a new job and getting the kids back to school.
- Martin will be taming the Beast.
- The Listener Launch Pad is taken from our online events pages