Episode 291 - Sorrell Walsh
On this week’s show there’s a follow up doping expose from German documentary maker ARD and the Sunday Times. We speak to Sorrell Walsh about getting more women running. Training Talk looks at Tom’s 5k plan of attack. You stand atop the Jabra Podium, Rate Your Run and rock your super-cool Marathon Talk kit all around the world.
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's been feeling under the weather and not running
- Tom's found his mojo again and is ramping it up.
- You rock your Marathon Talk kit all around the world
- Check out the Facebook album
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive map
- Facebook Friday asks you what you think about when you run | Link to the post
11:50 - News
- Rate Your Run over on our forum
- Watch the documentary for the full story.
- The IAAF respond. | Statement
- Coe on BBC Radio 4. | Listen
- New 10 mile race at The Yorkshire Marathon | The Yorkshire Marathon
1:03:00 - Tweets of the week.
- Follow us on Twitter | @marathontalk
1:08:03 - The Jabra Podium
- Thanks to Jabra for supporting the show and giving away a pair of Jabra Sport Pulse headphones every single week to a podium finisher drawn at random
- To get on the podium you need to make sure your marathon is on our events pages (put it on there if it isn't) and then upload your finish time by Monday night UK time.
1:10:42 - Tony's Trials
Tony's been at the Dovedale Dipper.
1:18:58 - Training Talk
Tom talks to speedster Matt Barnes about planning his approach to a fast 5k 12 weeks away. | View the plan
1:30:46 - Interview. Martin chats to the amazing Sorrell Walsh
- Sorrell's Blog
- Sorrell on Twitter
2:06:06 - Close
- Martin's getting healthy again
- Tom's picking his Dad up and keeping the momentum going.
- The listener launch pad is taken from our events pages