Episode 290 - Lauren Fleshman
You talk to Mo Farah, there's sad news from Kenya, doping news from South Africa and an extended interview with Lauren Fleshman. Training Talk focuses on your Autumn marathon progress, you Rate Your Run and rock your Marathon Talk kit all around the world.
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's been underperforming over 5k and looking for a neoprene mankini
- Tom's been running five whole miles
- Enter the Poole swim here
- You rock your Marathon Talk kit all around the world
- Check out the Facebook album
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive map
- The Xempo kit is getting closer
- Facebook Friday reaches out to Mo
- Find the post here
20:27 - News
- Rate Your Run over on our forum
- Positive tests from Comrades | sport24.co.za
- Positive test from Paralympic guide | insidethegames.biz
- What on earth was Kiprop doing at the Emsley Carr mile?
- Bolt wins the 100m at the London Diamond League | letsrun.com
- Laura Weightman and Mo Farah also win | letsrun.com
- Zane Branson passes away | letsrun.com
39:36 - The Jabra Podium
- Thanks to Jabra for supporting the show and giving away a pair of Jabra Sport Pulse headphones every single week to a podium finisher drawn at random
- To get on the podium you need to make sure your marathon is on our events pages (put it on there if it isn't) and then upload your finish time by Monday night UK time.
42:42 - Training Talk
- Autumn marathon training? What matters right now.
- The next 6-8 weeks really are the most important part of your build up. Plan it clearly. Get your progression right. Don’t stand still with your miles but don’t bite off too much too soon and ramp it up too much. Could end in injury and now is when you want consistency. Priority should be to nail the next 4 weeks super strong. Each run you do makes you better so you can continue to layer your build up.
46:36 - Interview - Lauren Fleshman
1:45:46 - Close
- Martin will be visiting 'friends' in Brighton
- Tom will be desperately trying to break 22 minutes