Episode 289 - Julia Bleasdale
We catch up with Team GB Olympian in both the 5000m and 10000m at London 2012, Julia Bleasdale about her new found love for running. There’s a new WR in the women’s 1500m for Dibaba in Monaco and a super fast men’s 1500m. Kara Goucher speaks out but stays schtum. Jurek gets a ticking off. Kipsang and friends walk for peace.
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's been setting buggy PB's and running the miles.
- Tom's been slipping back into default sedentary ways.
If you can help out with web design or crowd funding then drop us a line - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marathon Talkers rock their kit around the world
10:38 - News
- Rate Your Run over on our forum
- Update on the Oregon Project Scandal | Goucher statement Lets Run
- Farah only to run 10k? BBC
- Scott Jurek in trouble? | Portland Press Herald
- Walk for peace with Wilson Kipsang | Guardian
44:35 - The Jabra Podium This week's podium
- Thanks to Jabra for supporting the show and giving away a pair of Jabra Sport Pluse headphones every single week to a podium finisher drawn at random
- To get on the podium you need to make sure your marathon is on our events pages (put it on there if it isn't) and then upload your finish time by Monday night UK time.
48:03 - Tony's Trials
54:50 - Interview Julia Bleasdale
Julia on Twitter
1:25:27 - Close
- Martin's chatting to Sorrell Walsh and running on the Purbecks
- Tom's BBQ's (a lot) and running (a little).
- The listener launch pad is taken from our events pages