Episode 287 - Mark Berry
On this week’s show Martin speaks to Mark Berry who ran the entire SWCP in 11 days. We bring you up to speed with the Gold Coast Marathon. Hannah O took top spot at Potteries. Overall overhauls in the final sprint. Jager bombs. Plus we’ve got a one off Corkery’s Corner. You rate your run, talk to us about staying cool, top the Jabra Podium and are competing in events all over the world in the listener launchpad.
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's been doing calisthenics and 17:38 buggy parkrunning
- Tom's been enjoying yet another 'recovery weekend'.
- Martin and Tom have accepted Keith Rossiters parkrun smackdown. Tom sub 18:30, Martin sub 16:00 on October 24th 2015. Fancy a crack?
Can you help?
We’re looking for some help from a web design and build person or people who can design and build us a new snappy website….could you support the show? If so, get in touch. [email protected]
- Check out the super-cool Marathon Talk kit around the World
Link to Facebook album Marathon Talk around the World
18:27 - News
- Rate Your Run on our forum
- Gold Coast Marathon | Website
- Potteries Marathon - Hannah O takes the win! | Stoke Sentinel
- Scott Overall saves it for the line | USA Today
- Disappointing from UKA | Athletics Weekly
- Jager Bombs. Paris Diamond League - Evan Jager falls at the final barrier | Youtube
50:23 - The Jabra Podium | This week's podium
- Thanks to Jabra for supporting the show and giving a pair of Jabra Sport Pluse headphones every single week to a podium finisher drawn at random
- To get on the podium you need to make sure your marathon is on our events pages (put it on there if it isn't) and then upload your finish time by Monday night UK time
54:16 - Corkery's Corner. Run a better marathon based on Marathon Talk tips!
1. Run over 20 miles at least 5 times
2. Run more miles
3. Do some speedwork
4. Be consistent
5. Have a longer lead up
6. Have some self-talk
7. Start smart, run to the line, race to the finish
8. Shorten the taper and keep running through it.
1:02:27 - Interview with South West Coast Path record breaking runner Mark Berry.
- Mark on Facebook
- Marks CALM fundraising page
1:41:02 - Close
- Martin with be camping, running and doing calisthenics.
- Tom will be recovering in Scotland.
- The Listener Launch Pad is taken from our events pages