Episode 283 - Sonia O'Sullivan (Part One)
It’s all been kicking off in the running world with allegations of doping in the Oregon Project on BBC’s Panorama. Mo’s been in for a hammering and so it was the No Mo Show at Birmingham. We look at some of the issues that emerged this week. Tony’s Trials is in town. Irish endurance legend, Olympic medalist and world champion Sonia O’Sullivan joins us. You rate your run and stand high on the Jabra Podium.
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's back from Comrades and hanging out at Fountains Abbey parkrun
- Martin's been watching the inspiring Banff Film Festival and not breaking 17minutes for 5k.
- Check out Marathon Talkers around the World
09:41 - News
- The BBC Panorama programme and allegations of doping from Salazar at the Oregon Project.
ProPublica - The article
Competitor | Epstein Q&A
LetsRun | A summary
Guardian | Sean Ingle
Oregon Live | Ken Goe
- European Cup 10,000m | GB Take Gold. | European Athletics
- Wiggo does it! | BBC
- The Marathon Talk Interviewees on Twitter | Link to the list
1:10:50 - The Jabra Podium
The Jabra Podium | This weeks podium
- Thanks to Jabra for supporting the show and giving a pair of Jabra Sport Pluse headphones every single week to a podium finisher drawn at random.
- To get on the podium you need to make sure your marathon is on our events pages (put it on there if it isn't) and then upload your finish time by Monday night UK time.
1:13:32 - Tony's Trials
1:19:39 - Interview - Irish distance legend Sonia O'Sullivan (Part One)
The Sonia 5k.
Sonia on Twitter
1:47:26 - Close
- Tom will be loving his children's party time and at Cross Flatts parkrun
- Martin will be course measuring, camping and celebrating Ruby's birthday.
- The Listener Launch Pad is taken from our events pages