Episode 280 - Jim Alder (Part One)
Tom speaks to North East running legend Jim Alder, Phil Smith looks to resurrect The Morpeth, Andy Waterman reports from the Highgate Harriers Night of the 10,000m PBs, Mary Wittenberg stands down from the New York Road Runners and Facebook Friday celebrates your epic fails.
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's been celebrating Alex Stanton's 80th birthday and snoozing in front of the Diamond League
- Tom's been in Birmingham at the parkrun Ambassador Conference and chucking round the 'bells
- Clonakilty Road Runners AC keep the Magic Mile alive
- Enter the City of London Mile here
- Listen to the show to find out how you can win a VIP entry package
- Phil Smith is bringing back The Morpeth, find out more via their Facebook page
- Some epic fails on our Facebook page - read them here
32:38 - News
- Rate Your Run over on the forum
- Mary Wittenberg steps down from New York Road Runners | letsrun.com
- Andy Waterman reports from the Highgate Harriers Night of the 10,000m PBs
- Check out DeWitt Thomas' Superman finish
53:34 - The Jabra Podium
- Thanks to Jabra for supporting the show and giving a pair of Jabra Sport Pluse headphones every single week to a podium finisher drawn at random.
- To get on the podium you need to make sure your marathon is on our events pages (put it on there if it isn't) and then upload your finish time by Monday night UK time.
57:34 - Boy on the Run
1:01:09 - Interview - Jim Alder (Part One)
1:23:34 - Close
- Martin will be cuddling his mummy
- Tom will be expecting Rosie to card a World Best mile time for a three year old, or she'll get no pocket money