Episode 278 - James Cracknell (Part Two)
We speak to Kate Carter about the brilliant Wings for Life World Run, you rock your Marathon Talk kit around the World, the Jabra Podium is stacked, and Martin speaks to James Ruskin about the City of London Mile. Boy on the Run is back, Ellie Greenwood looks forward to Comrades and Training Talk is all about the why.
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's been tempo fartlekking
- Tom's been Citypark parkrunning and kicking back
- Check out our Facebook photo album Marathon Talk around the World
- Thanks Xempo Running for supporting the show
- The City of London Mile
- Enter the race, for free, via their official website
- Listen to this weeks show for the question and then enter the competition for a night in the Tower Hotel via their "contact us" form
A night (before the race) in the Amba Hotels Tower Hotel right by Tower Bridge on the Thames in London for 2 people (sharing a double or twin room) including breakfast. Plus, VIP event access and VIP goody bag!
Ts & Cs
- You must enter the race at www.cityoflondonmile.co.uk for the 2015 event.
- You must submit your answer via the race website enquiry form before the closing date of midnight Friday the 22nd of May 2015.
- The prize has no cash value and is non-transferable.
- One night accommodation and breakfast for 2 people (sharing a double or twin room) for the night before the race (June 13th).
- Winner drawn at random from all correct answers.
- Winner notified by run-fast the week beginning Monday the 25th of May 2015.
- Click here for the Facebook Friday post
25:24 - News
- Rate Your Run over on the forum
- Wing's for Life World Run | official website
- Chicago Marathon lottery stats | runnersworld.com
59:48 - The Jabra Podium
- Thanks to Jabra for supporting the show and giving a pair of Jabra Sport Pluse headphones every single week to a podium finisher drawn at random.
- To get on the podium you need to make sure your marathon is on our events pages (put it on there if it isn't) and then upload your finish time by Monday night UK time.
1:04:54 - Boy on the Run
1:06:48 - Training Talk - The Why
- Why do we do what we do?
- What's really driving you?
- How do your actions conflict with your values and personal objectives?
1:21:13 - Interview - James Cracknell (Part Two)
1:51:51 - Close
- Martin will be being all geeky with radios and looking out for SUP opportunities
- Tom will be going head to head with Helen at Bradford parkrun
- The Listener Launch Pad is taken from our events pages