Episode 277 - James Cracknell (Part One)
It was the 35th anniversary of the Virgin Money London Marathon with surprise winners in both the men’s and women’s races and Paula Radcliffe’s final marathon farewell. Tony ran London and brings us his trials from the race (with emu). We speak to Ben Pochee about ‘Night of the 10,000’s’ and legendary double Olympic rowing champion and adventurer James Cracknell about his marathon. There’s a brilliant Jabra Podium and Training Talk.
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's been in busy at the Virgin Money London Marathon Expo and at the Running Awards
- Tom's been in London and actually went for a run.
- Link to Facebook album Marathon Talk around the World
- Also check out Tom Wake’s World map of the album - http://tomwake.co.uk/marathontalk/
15:49 - Ben Pochee talks about the Highgate Harriers 2015 Night of the 10,000's. | Highate Harriers
32:43 - News
- Rate Your Run over on our forum page
- The 2015 Virgin Money London Marathon
- Paula Radcliffe | VMLM
- Elite women | VMLM
- SPIKES Magazine - 5 things about the winner | SPIKES
- Elite men | LetsRun
- Wheelchair champ Joshua George video
- World Records | GWR
- The 2016 VMLM Ballot opens on Monday May the 4th. Ballot | VMLM Ballot
- Our interviewee Twitter list
1:13:54 - The Jabra Podium
- Thanks to Jabra for supporting the show and giving a pair of Jabra Sport Pluse headphones every single week to a podium finisher drawn at random.
- To get on the podium you need to make sure your marathon is on our events pages (put it on there if it isn't) and then upload your finish time by Monday night UK time.
1:18:49 - Tony's Trials. - Tony has been in London. With Emu.
- Please consider sponsoring Tony here.
1:36:34 - Training Talk - 5 things to do or not to do the week after a marathon.
Run the week after? Yes or no? (do you Tuesday night club session?)
Wear your medal at work? Yes or no?
Set your next marathon target? Yes or no?
Absolutely nothing? Yes or no?
Eat as much as you like? Yes or no?
1:39:25 - Interview - James Cracknell
- James on Twitter
- James on Wikipedia
Tweet of the week - Come on then folks...great day, mediocre day or total shocker? Spill the #LondonMarathon results beans… Link to the Tweet
2:13:10 - Close
- Martin will be getting back into running and target setting
- Tom will be in Northern Ireland.
- The Listener Launch Pad is taken from our events pages