Episode 270 - Rohan Kallicharan
It's World records galore this week as various 200m, 10k and 50k marks tumble. We've got the second ever Jabra podium, Training Talk takes us through the bad times, We interview Rohan Kallicharan about how running has helped his bipolar. Tomatoes really are good for you. Jantastic rolls on, as does the equality debate, Tony's here with his Trials and we've got some great freestyle Strava art.
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's been Bushy parkrunning, workshop delivering and ten mile running
- Tom's been at the ballet, 35% Jantasticating and loving the new parkrun photo-book
- Check out our Facebook album of Marathon Talk kit around the World
- Send your photos to [email protected]
- 27,000 swims logged in Jantastic so far!
- 7:35 for 3,000m... in one shoe! Check out the Facebook video
- Tag your Strava art with #stravaMT
- I wish I'd known that running a marathon would...
19:22 - News
- Rate Your Run over on our forum
- Butchart and Partridge take Inter-Counties wins | athleticsweekly.com
- Dr Charles Eugster smashes the over-95 200m World record | independent.co.uk
- Michael Wardian sets 50k treadmill World record | runnersworld.com
- Gemma Carter sets 50k treadmill World record | run247.com
- Andy Green breaks the World 10k record for a 52-year-old | eightlane.org
- Subscribe to the Marathon Talk Interviewee Twitter list
- Thanks Jabra for supporting the Podium and the show
42:34 - Tony's Trials
56:28 - Training Talk - Getting Through the Bad Times
- No matter who you are there will be challenging times every now and then
- Honestly reflect on the appropriateness of your goals
- Consider any negative impact on your life
- Consider the wider implications of changing your goal
- Going forwards identify and treat the causes of your issues rather than the symptoms
1:08:21 - Interview - Rohan Kallicharan
1:52:54 - Tweet of the Week
- So, Marathoners, how did your weekend long runs go? Bang on track or bite the dust?
1:54:37 - Close
- Tom will be off to Wales and racing round Redcar
- The Listener Launch Pad is taken from our events pages