Episode 265 - Nutrition round table with Chrissie Wellington
Martin is joined in presenting the show by two time Olympian Liz Yelling. We’ve got a nutrition discussion with Tom, Martin, Warren Pole and Chrissie Wellington, plus a competition to win a place in the Vitality North London Half and meet Mo Farah. It’s the final week of our comp to win a trip to the Zurich Marathon! Kiwi Roberston goes sub 60 and Kenyan Jeptoo gets a 2year ban. You rate your run, tweet and Liz gives us 3 ideas for long run progression.
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's been running a little and getting pilated.
- Liz has been running 10miles pushing the boys!
Our Marathon Talkers Around the World photo albumn is here
- Interested in helping support the show? Drop us a line [email protected]
- COMPETITION TIME! Win an entry into the Zurich Marathon on Sunday April 19th and meet Yuki Kawauchi!
Prize includes - Two race entries for the Zurich Marathon. Accommodation Friday to Sunday (Apr 17 - 19) in a double room in the official race hotel (4 star), incl. breakfast. Meal vouchers for the buffet. Meet & Greet with Yuki!
How to enter - Listen to this weeks show!!!
This competition will run for 2 weeks. Episode 264 and 265.
Only 1 answer per person will be accepted.
Entrants must be 18 or over.
Prize is not transferable and has no cash value
Winners must book and pay for their own travel arrangements
Entries close midnight Sunday the 8th of February.
09:30 - Promotion - Meet Mo Farah and WIN an entry into the Vitality North London Half Marathon.
Keep an eye out on our social media feeds to RT or share and win your place!
RT for your chance to WIN a place @northlondonhalf + @Mo_Farah Q&A on race day! #stadiumtostadium.
23:44 - News
- Rate Your Run over on our forum
- Kiwi Robertson goes sub 60. | NZRun
- Jeptoo gets a 2 year ban | Boston Herald
- New 100m American record at Rocky Racoon | irunfar
- The Chris Macdougall book ‘Born to Run’ is going to be made into a film. | Deadline
- Follow our interviewees on Twitter
- The Listener Podium is taken from our online rankings
40:02 - Tony's Trials. Tony is on the dreadmill.
52:00 - Training Talk. Liz Yelling's 3 ideas for progressing long runs.
Run them after a race on tired legs.
Put in focussed sections of target marathon pace (ag start, middle, end.
Run every 3rd mile faster.
58:40 - Nutrition Round Table. A scotch egg in your back pocket or bacon on your cross bar!
4 time ironman World Champion, Chrissie Wellington and 33Shake Founder Warren Pole join Martin and Tom to talk about the landscape of endurance sport nutrition.
1:35:44 - Close
- Martin will be presenting at London Marathon Meet the Experts and celebrating beign 43.
- Liz will be running longer runs a bit faster.
Thanks for supporting Marathon Talk.