Episode 264 - Julia Bleasdale
Tom’s away on holiday again and Martin is joined presenting by Commonwealth marathoner and Comrades hopeful Steve Way who also brings us his top ‘end of January’ marathon training tips. Competition - Win a chance to race the Zurich Marathon and meet Yuki Kawauchi! In our weekly interview we speak to Team GB Olympian Julia Bleasdale. BoTr is here. You rate your run and make us laugh with some social media funnies.
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's been doing pilates and running with Liz
- Steve's been running 12 times a week and running around in circles on a boat.
- Our Marathon Talkers Around the World photo albumn is here
- Interested in helping support the show? Drop us a line [email protected]
- COMPETITION TIME! Win an entry into the Zurich Marathon on Sunday April 19th and meet Yuki Kawauchi!
Prize includes - Two race entries for the Zurich Marathon. Accommodation Friday to Sunday (Apr 17 - 19) in a double room in the official race hotel (4 star), incl. breakfast. Meal vouchers for the buffet. Meet & Greet with Yuki!
How to enter - Listen to this weeks show!!!
This competition will run for 2 weeks. Episode 264 and 265.
Only 1 answer per person will be accepted.
Entrants must be 18 or over.
Prize is not transferable and has no cash value
Winners must book and pay for their own travel arrangements
Entries close midnight Sunday the 8th of February.
14:01 - News
- Rate Your Run over on our forum
- Dubai Marathon - Bekele drops out with achilles pain | Inside the Games
- Haile G commentating - | Letsrun
- Marathon runners do good in regional XC champs | Eightlane
- Greg Rutherford fails to save a deer and it makes it into the National press! | Telegraph
- Follow our interviewees on Twitter
- The Listener Podium is taken from our online rankings
32:17 - Boy on the Run
36:48 - Training Talk with Steve Way. 6 marathon training tips for January.
1. Reflect on where you are.
2. Stay Healthy
4. Stay Strong
5. Don't Panic!
45:34 - Interview - Team GB Olympian Julia Bleasdale.
1:16:50 - Close
- Martin will be Poole parkrunning and painting people bronze.
- Steve will be running, running and running including racing the Blackmore Vale Half Marathon.