Episode 26 - Rich Castro
We're doing things American style this week... talking to the President of Boulder Running Club Rich Castro, catching up with Liz's plans for the Chicago Marathon and giving out some love to running groups.
Time - Section
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's could do with a swim sat nav!
- Aquathon or aquathlon?
- Martin's got rid of his fat foot...
05:18 - News
- Gold Coast Marathon
- World Record for Bernie Portenski (run247)
- Women outnumber the men (marathongiude.com)
- Tirunesh Dibaba to run a marathon? (greatrun.org)
- Alistair Brownlee dominates in Europe (tri247)
- New world indoor marathon record (marathonguide.com)
10:22 - Liz Yelling's Road to Chicago
Liz gets us up to speed with her training for the Chicago Marathon on October the 10th.
13:44 - Training Talk - Group Training
- Be clear about what you want from the session
- Choose your partners carefully
- Spend you competitive energy wisely
- Great group interval sessions
- 5 x 1km leaving on seven minutes
- Tidal intervals
- 5km handicap race as 2.5km 'out & back'
31:15 - Rant & Rave
- Martin loves school sports days :)
- Tom doesn't love the men in white coats who make his crisps :(
34:00 - Interview - Rich Castro
- The President & Founder of Boulder Road Runners, consultant to Nike, Reebok and Adidas, Olympic Coach to Ecuador, coach at the university of Colorado and pro-athlete coordinator for the Bolder Boulder 10k tells us all about 50 years of running.
1:09:27 - Questions
- John Ford via email - How can I run without ruining my holiday?
1:13:19 - Winner of the Week
- Sarah Macmillan and everyone who organised the Men's Health Forum Scotland 10k (mhfs.org.uk)
- Great story about the race winner here... heraldscotland.com
1:14:42 - Close
- July the 27th is two years until the 2012 Olympics. The BBC have some amazing plans for their Olympic on-line portal... stay tuned for an insightful interview about what promises to be the best media coverage ever of an Olympic Games.
- Only nine weeks until the greatest aid station in the history of marathon running. Want to be part of the fun then email us at [email protected]
- Marathon countdown... how long have you got?
- Send us your questions for the greatest female Ironman athlete of all time... Chrissie Wellington
- Tom's off out on his bike right now and swim, bike, running at the weekend
- Martin's gonna get back on the running game... spouse smackdown anyone?