Episode 246 - Steve Moneghetti (Part One)
On this week’s show we speak to a legend of Australian marathoning Steve Moneghetti. Paula Radcliffe makes a return. Deena Kastor becomes a world record holder. The BMW Berlin Marathon is this weekend and it could decide the World Marathon Majors. We chat fartlek. You have a rant and sit proudly on the podium and Boy on the Run is here.
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's been to a sweaty wedding and running in a shirt and tie.
- Tom's been comeback PBing again!
- Thanks to adidas for their continued support of the show
06:37 - News
- Rate Your Run over on our forum
- Deena Kastor runs a really fast half marathon | Race Results Weekly
- Paula Radcliffe makes a return to road racing | Independant
- Jo Pavey was at the Richmond Running Festival | Richmond Running Festival
- Haile to race the Great South Run | IAAF
- Berlin Marathon is this weekend | BMW Berlin Marathon
- The Marathon Talk Interviewees on Twitter | Link to the list
- Obesity in Africa | Here is the Guardian feature.
- The Listener Podium is taken from our online rankings page
31:18 - Boy on the Run
34:47 - Training Talk
- Getting fartlek right. The benefits of unstructured running. Tom's personal favourite.
39:46 - Interview - Steve Moneghetti
- This week we are joined by an Australian legend of marathon running who'se been to 4 Olympic Games and won medals at the World championships and Commonwealth Games.
- Steve on twitter.
1:06:39 - Rant.
- Smoking spectators
- Cheering too early.
1:08:11 - Close
- Martin will be bmf planning and going to Louise Damen's wedding
- Tom will be running easy (but probably comeback PB'ing again!).