Episode 244 - Richie Gardiner
We look back at the racing from the Great North Run. Was Mo paced? Gemma Steel lays it down. An American 6 year old runs an amazing 5k PR. Boston Marathon registration opens and there’s a brand new half marathon in Sheffield for 2015. You rate your run and stand proud on the podium. Plus we interview Welshman runner turned triathlete Richie Gardiner!
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's been chesty coughing, eating cream tea's and running buggy smackdowns.
- Tom's been high flying at the HoP and in hospital :-(
- Thanks to adidas for their continued support of the show
- Facebook Friday was taken from our Facebook page
10:15 - News
- Rate Your Run over on our forum
- Well done Gemma Steel | IAAF
- Mo Farah takes the title in 'thrilling' sprint finish. Or was it?
- What do the TELEGRAPH say? Farah denies fix.
- Sean Ingle in the Guardian.
- You have your say on our Facebook page.
- Watch the sprint finish | BBC
- 6 year old runs a 22min 5k | Runners World
- Boston Marathon 2015 registration opened Monday | Boston Marathon
- A new half marathon for Sheffield. | Run for All.
- The Listener Podium is taken from our events pages
54:04 - Tony's Trials
1:20:26 - Interview - Welshman marathon speedster Richie Gardiner talks about him Ironman plans.
1:57:30 - Winner of the Week
- Congratulations Gemma Steel on a truly great run in becoming the third fastest female British half marathoner in history.
1:58:07 - Close
- Martin is going to the first birthday of the Yeovil Montecute parkrun
- Tom's at home cuddling his new son.
- The Listener Launch Pad is taken from our events pages