Episode 24 - Scott Jurek
Martin completes his first ultra marathon and Tom turns his hand to sprinting. Scott Jurek as won just about everything there is to win in the world of ultra running, Martin caught up with him to find find out more and keeping it ultra, endurance coach Ian Corless joined us for training talk.
Time - Section
00:00 - Intro
- Marathon Talk 'Live' - The Interactive Winner of the Week
- Tom perfects the inverse taper!
- Martin talks us through his triple ultra on the South Downs Way
10:45 - News
- Grandma's Marathon dominated by the Africans (www.marathonguide.com)
- Tromso Midnight Sun Marathon (www.marathonguide.com)
- Paula Radcliffe to run past Tom's house! (www.run247.com)
14:19 - Tony's Trials
- Tony's been to Ibiza
19:00 - Training Talk - Ultra running with Ian Corless
- Ultra runner extraordinaire Ian Corless has been competing in endurance events for over 20 years and now heads up endurance coaching company Run Wild - Run Free (www.runwildrunfree.co.uk)
31:25 - Rant & Rave
- Tom rant's about cheats :(
- Martin raves about courage :)
34:50 - Scott Jurek
- Scott's palmares in the world of ultra running would take up more storage than our web host allows... no really! To find out more about Scott check out his website www.scottjurek.com and prepare to be amazed!!!
1:19:40 - Winner of the Week
- Mrs Richard Coys Brooks
1:21:19 - Close
- Nottingham Marathon in 11 weeks... come and join the motivation!
- Rock'nRoll Marathon in the USA and North Devon Marathon in the UK
- Badwater coming up... good luck Mart ;)
- Tom's TTing on his birthday
- Liz's Girlz Run training day coming up
- Follow Liz's training for the Chicago Marathon at www.twitter.com/girlwhatruns