Episode 237 - Marty Dent
The Commonwealth Games is just days away, Australian marathoner Marty Dent speaks to Tom and Australian running-podcaster extraordinaire Dave Robbo drops in to the studio. We predict the results of Sunday's male and female marathons, Tony brings us his Trials, we have a septuagenarian Winner of the Week... and forgot to do Training Talk!
00:00 - Intro
- Robbo's been crowdsourcing his own TV show!
- Tom's been running with Chrissie
- Martin's been glamping in his white budgies, the ones with the little gold belt
- Thanks to adidas for their continued support of the show
- Harder in the heat or fun in the sun? Find out on our Facebook page
- Enter the Magic Mile here
13:14 - News
- Rate Your Run is taken from our forum
- Team Malawi at Cheltenham parkrun
- Philes Ongori ruled out of Team Kenya | sportskeeda.com
- Athletics Weekly's history of the men's Commonwealth Games marathon | athleticsweekly.com
- Steve Way's breakdown of the men's PBs
- Commonwealth Games Marathon Prediction competition. WIN a MT 26.2 tee by guessing the winners of the men's and women's marathon on Sunday.
- To enter (one guess only) write the name and finish time of men's and / or women's marathon as a comment on this weeks shownotes. Closest prediction wins a tee! No 2 guesses can be the same!
- In the event of a tiebreak (winners name, same time away from winning time) the first post wins it.
- The Listener Podium is taken from our online rankings
44:00 - Tony's Trials
45:21 - Interview - Marty Dent
1:20:21 - Winner of the Week
- The amazing Kathy Ling who has completed 100 races in her 70th year!
- Nominated on Facebook by 'Jogging Jon'
1:26:06 - Close
- Dave will be chucking another shrimp on the barbie
- Martin will be paddle-boarding round Poole with his new Jog Strap
- Tom will be parkrunning, for a change