Episode 228 - Dan Meineck
Jo Pavey sets another record. Bekele is in fine finish form. Should Paula have one final crack? Have you suffered from premature celebration? We speak to comedian Rob Deering about his hopes for the Plusnet Yorkshire Marathon and the 12-stone losing Dan Meineck about what it means to be a role model Dad. You Rate Your Run, sit on The Podium and tell us about your worst ever injuries and Boy on the Run is in the room.
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's got a confirmed prolapsed disc and so isn't doing any running
- Tom's hauling around Roundhay Hills and lying in the sun.
- Thanks to adidas for their continued support of the show
- Facebook Friday comes from our Facebook page
- Enter the Amba Hotels City of London Mile on June 22nd 2014 HERE.
- Use the code TALKMILE for FREE entry!!
- When you enter using this code you'll automatically also get 30% discount on all Run-Fast in store purchases and 15% online via the Run-Fast shop AND be entered into the Run-Fast prize draw to win:
- 1x Race weekend SUPER VIP Package. Full entry fee reimbursement. 1 free night’s stay (for you and 1 other person) at The Tower Hotel, London and access all areas over the weekend and including an opportunity to meet the elites.
- 5x Race VIP package entry upgrade including High5 bundle giveaways worth £50 and all areas access, full entry fee re-imbursement and meet the elite athletes opportunity.
(PS, if you're already entered using the code for a 33% entry discount that will be refunded by event organisers)
11:35 - News
- Rate Your Run is taken from our forum
- Jo Pavey in action on the track setting new records again.
- Bekele shows form again in Manchester at Great Manchester Run | IAAF
- One more marathon for Paula? Could it be? | Runnersworld USA
27:42 - Rob Deering. We catch up with stand up comedian, singer and writer Rob Deering about his hopes for the 2014 Plusnet Yorkshire Marathon
- Rob's website.
- Rob's Twitter
41:38 - The Listener Podium is taken from our online rankings
43:51 - Boy on the Run
- Read more here
48:40 - Interview - Dan Meineck.
In 2011 Dan weighed 24 stone. Now he's down to 13 and a regular runner.
1:26:00 - Winner of the week.
Our winner this week is the 'Meb Pulling' front running super speedster and US steeplechaser Emma Coburn.
- The Listener Launch Pad is taken from our online rankings
1:26:40 - Close
- Martin won't be running
- Tom's 18 weeks out from Berlin and so kicks off P&D.