Episode 224 - Boston Marathon & Chris Finill
On this week’s show it’s all about Boston! The race saw the first American winner for 28 years! We look back at a courageous victory. A marathon first in North Korea, it’s VMLM ballot time, plus, what are your favourite running crisps? Boy on the run is back, we speak to Chris Finnill who went sub 3hrs for 33years at London - until this year. We look at how long you should you have off running after a marathon and it’s a Boston loaded podium.
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's been chilling and 3minute parkrunning
- Martin's been 18min BOB Duallie parkrunning and SUPing.
- Thanks to adidas for their continued amazing support
- Get some MT bling here! The Marathon Talk Sweatshop code is now MTALK26
- Your favourite running crisps.
09:55 - News
- Rate Your Run is taken from our forum
47:04 - Matt Rogan shares his Boston experience.
- Faster than Mo? | Telegraph
- The VMLM Ballot and Good for Age.
- A first marathon in North Korea | Guardian
- The Listener Podium is taken from our online rankings
1:12:44 - Boy on the Run
1:14:45 - Training Talk - How long should take off after a marathon?
Assuming no other immediate racing plans…
- 2 or 3 days of nothing
- next 7-10 days really unstructured. Run as you feel, when you feel like it and no more than 60mins at a time.
- Next 14 days - bring back a regular running routine.
1:29:11 - Interview - London Marathon 'Ever present' Chris Finnill.
- He's run every single London Marathon in under 3 hours...until this years race!
2:00:00 - Winner of the week.
The amazing Meb Keflezighi. | Twitter.
2:00:35 - Close
- Tom's at Gibside parkrun
- Martin's trying to get funding for the Magic Mile and trying to run less and condition more.